Tuesday, January 17, 2012

People's opinions and feedback?

This isn't necessarily a question, its more of a discussion.. so here is my issue....for starters I am an African American Female, but regardless of what my race is, I would still be fed up with this nonesense..but everywhere I look on this thing we call the "internet" (lol) you type in the words "black women" you get a lot of bs and stereotypes/generalizations and umptions about black women and tons and tons of ppl bashing black women.... and black men too..but more bw than bm..at first it didn't bother me..but now its just sickening...its stupidity and pure hatred..I know by even typing this piece on here that I'm gonna get a lot of negative feedback..but obviously I'm up for the challenge..but than I see & hear a lot of other non-black ppl saying how (MOST) black men SEEM to be the only race of men to bash their women openly and feel nothing about it..and than (the dumb few) of black women retaliate againts the negativity by bashing black men and think they're justified in doing so since "we" were attacked first...WRONG! You're making yourself look bad (both es) therefore giving the right to other ppl to view us badly and put us in the stereotypes..but I'm not gonna lie bw do have it worse than bm simply because we were born with 2 strikes against us. One because we're women and two because we're black..we have a lot of ist ppl in the world who already stereotype (all races of) WOMEN in general, and then the "colored" side of us has to deal with racist steretypes about us too..so basically its a double wammy (what I like to call it) for us..but the whole point of me writing this is to express how I feel about this issue with our current world today and to say it needs to stop..I know that its not gonna stop, but its a step forward into the journey of TRYING to make it stop.. ( and I dont want to hear that bs about other ppl just ignoring it because they don't need validation for their "self worth") this isn't me ranting on to othe

0 comments:

Post a Comment