Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I miss my husband... he won't call me... how can I cope?

My husband drives truck over the road, and he doesn't call me much, maybe once every 4 or 5 days... that is, if I text him asking him to. The other day his mother called me to let me know that he called her from the payphone 4 times that day! Number 1: why did she have to call me to tell me that? Number 2: good that he loves his mother, but he will not call me one time and call her 4? Anyway, I didn't make a big deal to her, because I think that's what she wants. And also, I just stopped asking him to call me. I feel like I'm begging. He tells me he has no money to call from payphone, no time to stop, etc, etc... he can come up with all different excuses. And when we talk, he is very quick or doesn't have anything to talk about. Right now he's in Wyoming and I'm in Florida. I have been home alone since Dec. 14. I don't have kids. We're both in our 30s. All my family live overseas. I have a few friends, true friends, but still... I wanted my husband to be more present in my life. Understanding that jobs aren't just flourishing, but sometimes it's not quantity time, but quality time. A phone call here, a caring message there... these little things make a big difference. We've been married for 7 yrs, he's been driving for 3. I went over the road with him for a while, but could not because I have herniated disk. I have a job too, part time, and I enjoy staying in my home. I have 2 dogs that are my companions. I just don't sit there and cry, but just some moments, especially at night when I can't sleep and there is no one to talk to (like after midnight... lol), I get very depressed. How can I cope with this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment